Eight members of the “Complete Bull” cast and crew were given awards at the Iowa Motion Picture Association’s annual television and film awards night on Saturday, May 14.
The pilot of “Complete Bull,” a planned television drama, was completed in 2021 after being filmed the year before. The Iowa Motion Picture Association has named the following “Complete Bull” team members as award winners:
- Directing – Medium Form – Barry Andersson, of Edina, Minnesota – first place “Award of Excellence”
- Director of Photography – Bruce James Bales, of Des Moines, Iowa – first place “Award of Excellence”
- Actor – John Victor Allen of Chicago, Illinois – first place “Award of Excellence”
- Actress – Hannah Ruwe of Chicago, Illinois – first place “Award of Excellence”
- Supporting Actor – Philip McKinley of Rancho Mirage, California – runner-up “Award of Achievement”
- Supporting Actress – Miriam Lee of Chicago, Illinois – first place “Award of Excellence”
- Original Music Score – Benny Wollin – Composer of Appleton, Wisconsin – first place “Award of Excellence”
- Live Action Entertainment, Medium Length – Complete Bull show led by producer/writer Colleen Bradford Krantz of Pink Spear Productions in Adel, Iowa – first place “Award of Excellence”
The IMPA awards night was held in Ottumwa, Iowa.
The planned series “Complete Bull” centers on a young woman who unexpectedly finds herself fighting to save her aging father’s livestock genetics business only to end up with some unlikely allies among arriving first-generation immigrants who have been forcibly relocated to the Midwest from California amid a climate change-related water shortage.
The proof-of-concept pilot episode, which was the focus of the IMPA judges, has not yet been released. United Talent Agency (UTA) is now shopping the series around to various streaming platforms and potential production partners.
The series pilot, primarily filmed in Iowa, was produced by Pink Spear Productions, and was supported, in part, by a Greenlight Grant from Produce Iowa, the state’s film and television production office. The cast and crew came from all over the United States, but the majority are from Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin.